• Tom Hiddleston for Best Actor for his portrayal of the title role in Josie Rourke’s production of Coriolanus
• Mark Gatiss for Best Actor in A Supporting Role as Menenius in Josie Rourke’s production of Coriolanus
• Ardal O’Hanlon for Best Actor in A Supporting Role as Jim in Josie Rourke’s production of The Weir
• The Night Alive by Conor McPherson for the American Airlines Best New Play
• The Same Deep Water As Me by Nick Payne for Best New Comedy
Both new plays in the Donmar’s 2013 Autumn Season, The Night Alive and The Same Deep Water As Me receive nominations, furthering the theatre’s reputation for mounting important new work. Two of the central performances in Coriolanus are recognised: Tom Hiddleston for his portrayal of the eponymous character, and Mark Gatiss for his performance as Menenius.
Alongside Gatiss, Ardal O’Hanlon is nominated for Best Actor in A Supporting Role for his performance as Jim in The Weir by Conor McPherson which transferred to the West End on 16 January 2014, and continues to play at the Wyndham’s Theatre until 19 April 2014. The Night Alive, also by McPherson, is nominated in the American Airlines Best New Play category. The production transferred to the Atlantic Theater in New York 30 November 2013 - 26 January 2014.
Nick Payne’s The Same Deep Water As Me, which premiered at the Donmar on 1 August 2013, is nominated for Best New Comedy.
Josie Rourke, Artistic Director of the Donmar Warehouse and Director of The Weir and Coriolanus commented: “I am so pleased that the two new plays we premiered at the Donmar last year have been recognised alongside the performances of three stellar actors and great men. To have four of our productions recognised by the Oliviers is a big cause for celebration.”
DONMAR WAREHOUSE LISTINGS
For further information contact Charlotte Bayley at The Corner Shop PR
Tel: 020 7831 7657 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org