Business Network, a Business Association which promotes the economic and social development between the United Kingdom and Turkey annually organises ‘The Most Successful Turk Awards Ceremony’ in the UK, with the purpose of recognising success, innovation and ethics.
The third award ceremony was held in Westminster, Central London last night at the historical venue, Methodist Central Hall , which was opened in 1912. The incredible site is located just minutes away from the Houses of Parliament, the Elizabeth Tower and Westminster Abbey .
This year, Business Network were honored to host almost 800 guests. Among them, from Turkey; Award-Winning novelist Elif Shafak and producer of CNN Turk 5N 1K Cuneyt Ozdemir. From Britain, Simon Hughes, Robert Walker, Nick de Bois and David Burrowes from the House of Commons, Deputy Head of UK-Turkish group Lord Rogan, dozens of Lord’s, over 60 Embassy representatives and Trade Commissioners from the United States of America, Ghana, China, France and the Russian Federation.
The Celebration also attracted members from Local government; London Borough Mayors attended the Ceremony with Council Presidents, Vice-Presidents; businesspeople from Turkey, Britain, Germany, France, Japan, Sweden, Holland, Denmark and many more from across the world.
At the event was a large media presence, featuring the writers and correspondents from the BBC, Financial Times, Avrupa Gazete, Anatolia News Agency, the Daily Zaman, Argus Media and the Oxford Business Group. The Ceremony also hosted representatives of the Vodafone Group, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, RBS, HSBC, Lyca Mobile to name a few.
2012 MOST SUCCESSFUL TURK AWARD CEREMONY WINNERS
• Best Turkish Investor to the UK: presented to BEKO by Simon Hughes (MP)
• Most Successful Company: presented to Hawes and Curtis by Lord Rogan (House of Lords)
• Most Successful Entrepreneur: Presented to Semih Serdar Aslan by Kit Malthouse (The Deputy Mayor of London for Business and Enterprise)
• Most Supportive British Person: awarded to Jim O'Neill by Mehmet Öğütçü (President of Business Network Advisory Board and Chairman of the Global Resources Cooperation)
• Most Successful Businesswoman: Presented to Ayse Dickson by Elif Shafak (Award winning novelist)
• Most Successful Businessman: Presented to Mehmet Kocakerim by Robert Walter (MP and Vice-Chairman of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Turkey)
• Most Successful Professional Executive: Presented to Ahmet Iplikci by Adem Kumcu (President of UNITEE)
• Judges Special Award: Presented to Baroness Hussein-Ece OBE and Lord Ken Maginnis by Cllr Nilgun Canver (UK Delegate to the European Union Committee of the Regions) and Ahmet Demirok (Consul General)