Monica Galetti shares her top tips on how to make the best roast potatoes:
1. Duck or goose fat are the key to perfect crispy roast potatoes.
2. Use a floury potato such as King Edwards for roast potatoes. Floury potatoes have a fluffy texture that gives them that fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside texture.
3. Par boil potatoes for no more than ten minutes before cooking in the oven.
4. Bash the potatoes about a little after you have parboiled them. This will help get the edges really crispy and give them some texture.
5. To get them extra crispy you could try sprinkling some flour over the potatoes once you have parboiled them.
6. Always heat the fat in the oven first – use a long handled slotted spoon to lower the potatoes into the fat and use an oven glove to protect your hands.
7. The potatoes must not touch each other on the baking tray as this will stop them from getting extra crispy.