The 86-year-old monarch has been taken to King Edward VII Hospital in London, a palace spokesman said. She was driven to hospital in a private car on Sunday afternoon. The palace said she was "in good spirits". All official engagements for this week, including the Queen's trip to Rome, will be either cancelled or postponed. She had earlier carried out a medal presentation at Windsor Castle, where she has been resting over the weekend. A spokesman for the Queen said she was in "good health", besides the symptoms of gastroenteritis. He said: "This is a precautionary measure. "She was not taken into hospital immediately after feeling the symptoms. This is simply to enable doctors to better assess her." Prime Minister David Cameron sent his "best wishes" to the Queen, adding in a tweet: "I hope she makes a speedy recovery." She was last in hospital 10 years ago for a minor knee operation. There is no sign of any visitors to the Queen as yet, says our correspondent. News of her illness emerged on Friday night, and she was forced to cancel a trip to Swansea on Saturday to mark St David's Day in a military ceremony.
Queen Elizabeth in hospital
The Queen Elizabeth is in hospital as a precaution, while she is assessed for symptoms of gastroenteritis, Buckingham Palace says.
03 Mart 2013 Pazar 15:57