ANKARA (AVRUPA TIMES)-Health Minister Mehmet Muezzinoglu has said the death toll from Sunday night’s car bomb attack in Ankara's central Kizilay neighborhood has risen to 37, plus 71 injured.
Muezzinoglu told reporters on Monday that 30 died at the blast scene and seven in hospital.
He said there are a total of 71 patients still receiving treatment at a number of hospitals; 15 remain in intensive care.
Ankara Governor's Office said in a statement earlier that a car exploded near a bus stop in the capital’s central Kizilay neighborhood at 6.45 p.m. local time (1645 GMT) Sunday evening.
On Sunday night Turkish Interior Minister Efkan Ala said: "The terror attack was carried out by a moving bomb-laden vehicle, which targeted civilian citizens waiting at the bus stop."
Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu in a statement said the government has concrete information about the terrorist organization behind the Ankara attack, which will be revealed to the public once investigations end.