Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook
Featured Turkish Cypriot minister Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci Google Greek Cypriot leader London Underground
banner4

reads.

German court delays neo-Nazi trial after access row

A Munich court said on Monday it would postpone the start of the trial of a suspected neo-Nazi until May 6 after Germany's Constitutional Court ruled that it must provide better access to foreign media. The trial of Beate Zschaepe over complicity in 10 racist murders had been due to start on April 17. The Munich court had allocated 50 seats to all media on a first-come-first-served basis, but none went to Turkish journalists, despite the fact that 8 of the victims were ethnic Turks. This prompted a Turkish newspaper to lodge a complaint which the German Constitutional Court in Karlsruhe upheld.

"In view of the Constitutional Court ruling... a new accreditation process is necessary," the Munich court said in a statement, adding that it could not complete this process before April 17.

Avatar
Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
Warning! Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.